About Me

My photo
College freshman with sophomore credits, 18, female, scared to death, but excited.

Thursday

Watson

We were asked to blog about the article "Computer wins on 'Jeopardy!'; Trivial, It's Not" by John Markoff. Here it is:

I think it's pretty fantastic that we're finding out how to make our technology so smart. Personally, I'm not entirely worried about the computers taking over the world in the sense of world domination. However, I am worried about computers taking the jobs of people. For example, at Walmart, how some of them have self-checkouts. Giving live human beings would be more beneficial in our economy, when finding jobs is so hard, than letting customers ring themselves up. Especially since so many of them don't even work right. If computers are getting smarter, they may take over bigger jobs. Which means people could lose bigger paychecks. That's my biggest worry.

Otherwise, I welcome our new computer overlords.

No comments:

Post a Comment